Monday, August 23, 2010

Trying to work

Am trying to transcribe an interview I did today but have been distracted by too many things. First it was menstrual cramps, then fatigue, then hunger, then the heat; then it was an armed robbery in our area of town (saw story about it online), then it was responding to an e-mail from someone in our historical society, then it was grinding my front teeth.

Right now it's a panic attack (or anxiety attack or something) that's occupying the space between my ears. Am flipping out that the people I most love in the world could be hit by a drunk driver or a stupid text-messaging kid and wiped right out of my life in an instant. I feel like I could throw up -- stomach is a tight little ball, like a fist, and my brain is running away with it.

No comments: