Friday, January 7, 2011

Mea loses her keys today

OK, so they were locked in the car. I met my friend Lauryl for a three-hour lunch (meanwhile my deadline went missed, but I thought damnit, that's why I'm a freelancer: so I can put people and friends and life FIRST).

Fortunately, I had a spare door key (say it fast: dorky) in my wallet. Had the keys actually been lost, I would have been able to drive home (because I store my ignition key IN the car so my Everything Key Ring can be put in my purse immediately upon starting car) but I would not have been able to get into the house. This would not have been good, as it's 4 degrees here in Cheddarton Falls.

In hindsighting it, I see that I was distracted by carrying and remembering to carry the 10-pound jar of homemade bath salts I was bringing to Lauryl. (Keys should have been in purse immediately; this is no excuse.)

Bad, bad Mea. Good thing about that spare wallet key, though.

No comments: