Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Post Labor Day lethargy

I made it through the weekend without doing anything overly moronic, blurting out inappropriate thoughts that pop into my head or losing any personal possessions. The key is to simply not go anywhere. It's true, and it works -- the cure for ADHD. Not having to pack up the car with emergency kits and tote bags full of this or that, or the proverbial dish to pass, or remember which bag contains the camera and suntan oil saves a huge amount of time, money, headache and frustration. Not to mention makeup.

My Esteemed Life Partner (MELP)and I went to a nature place we'd always been meaning to visit but never got around to, even though it's free and five minutes away. I got lost there and had no concept of where we'd walked or how to get back, but luckily for me, MELP has a fairly sharp inner compass.

I took a vacation from the computer, e-mail and from my ADHD meds  -- felt a lot better, actually. Am still taking a hiatus from the meds today, although obviously I've turned on the computer. I'm embarrassed to admit I dozed off for 2 1/2 hours today, though.

Every muscle in my body hurts, and I'm beginning to think I've got fibromyalgia. Maybe all my ditziness has really been "fibro fog" and not ADHD. What if that turns out to be the case? They say there's no "cure" for fibromyalgia, but from what I've seen, at least in my case, there's not been much of a cure for ADHD, although I do know of one ADDer woman who is functioning very well, at least on the surface.

No comments: