Friday, August 15, 2014

She's baaaack

And just as spacey as ever.

2014 was supposed to be The Year of Getting Things Done.

But have I?

1. Here it is, mid-August, and I STILL HAVE NOT FILED MY TAX DOCUMENTS. WTF?

People just don't understand this, and yes, it makes absolutely no sense. (Yes, I filed for an extension, wonder of all wonders).

I've had plenty of free time -- I'm unconstrained by kids, needy parents or a real job of any kind other than writing my brains out and occasionally helping my parents at their store. Surely plenty of time exists for making messes around the house? But seemingly none to clean them up.

2. After being out of town for three weeks working at said store, I've been home for five whole days now -- 120 hours -- AND IS MY SUITCASE UNPACKED? Hell no.

It's wide open, in the middle of the hallway, a humongous green zit that just got popped. And it took me till yesterday to notice that the butt-cushion I'd been driving around with in my car is actually a Sendik's bag filled with dirty laundry from said trip.

3. I still  haven't sent out my Christmas cards. Is that really even still on my to-do list?

Give it up!

Scatterbrainedly yours,
Mea




No comments: