Friday, May 13, 2011

Back at it

Two hours after picking up my car from ABC Automotive, my prescription sunglasses disappeared. I went straight from the car hospital to the yard waste site to get mulch and blammo, no sunglasses.

Since then, it's been nothing but a narrow, mountainous road of lost items, with things practically flying off my body and out the window. The next day, Mother's Day, I managed to drive out of town and back with all my possessions intact, but it was exhausting. I lay flattened on my back, barely able to move after that.

Two nights ago, I met my friend Jeanne and her friend John out for wine at a piano bar and left my key in the ignition. Couldn't figure out why the car doors refused to lock. Puzzled, I walked away scratching my head and leaving the car unlocked on the street all night while inside the piano bar. Where, I might add, I promptly left behind the green sweater I'd been wearing.

No comments: