Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Car-less in Meattle

My jalopy's in the car hospital, and 'doctors' are telling me it may cost more to fix than it's worth. Sigh. So I've been without wheels ever since. It's really not as bad as you might imagine. If I need to get somewhere unwalkable, I schedule it around MLP's (my life partner) work schedule.
Working from home sort of facilitates this whole carefree and car-less lifestyle, so if you're not lucky enough to work from home, you're SOL in this car-ocracy called the United States.

The whole point of this blog entry is its impact on my ADHD. I still have it, it's still a Talibanic ruling force in my life, but since I've not been running around willy-nilly, getting in and out of the car and cavorting about town, I've also NOT LOST ANYTHING in 10 days.

I'm not molting, and if I am, my sheddings are here with me. At home. This is really, really nice. If you don't have ADD/ADHD and you don't have a problem with misplacing, losing, breaking, dropping, leaving behind personal valuables, you can't appreciate this little pleasure.

No comments: