Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Haven't lost anything lately but me mind

I've been too disorganized the last three weeks to post anything new. (Not that being disorganized is anything new unto itself.) But I took a vacation from Adderall because it was making me feel like hell rewarmed in the microwave, and I sorta went kaplooey: I was falling over in a dead sleep in the middle of writing, and five times I got so carried away with painting furniture all sorts of fun colors and patterns that I stayed up until 4 and 5 a.m.
Last night I was walking the dogs in my neighborhood, not far from my house and a common route for me, and so lost in thought was I that for two very long seconds, I had no idea where I was. The surroundings did not look familiar at all; I could have sworn I was heading west toward a busy thoroughfare but in fact was heading south, toward a less-traveled street. This totally freaked me out: It struck me that this must be what Alzheimers patients feel like. (What if I HAVE Alzheimer's disease? What if this is one of those early-early freak cases of Alzheimer's?) OMG. Now I am really scaring the sh!t out of myself.

No comments: